At Crimson, we love products that can help us reduce our footprint in any way possible.
For that reason, we introduced the Beeswax Food Wrap: an eco-friendly alternative to plastic cling wrap and tin foil.
What is a beeswax food wrap?
It is an reusable alternative storage wrap made for food, rather than the cellophane wraps, and ziplock bags that are one-time use.
Crimson Eco Wraps are made from beeswax, resins from trees, jojoba oil, and organic cotton and hemp fabric.
All those natural ingredients have properties that keeps your food clean and makes it last longer. Additionally, the material feels good in your hands. There is nothing like unwrapping a huge sandwich out of your Crimson beeswax wraps.
Additionally, these beeswax food wraps have pores that allow aeration and are good for protecting perishable goods like vegetables. Although it wears out with usage over a long time, one piece can still effectively work for up to fifty uses or about one year.
Things to know about food wraps
- They are made from all natural ingredients.
- They can be worked onto various container shapes and molded to fit many containers; get your glass jars or plastic bowls and get them wrapped up.
- They have adhesive characteristics; meaning, they will not unfold once tucked away in a storage environment.
- With time, they might develop creases and frays, showing signs of replacement. However, this takes several months of usage.
- They are totally eco-friendly.
- They are reusable
- They are compostable.
- They are easy to clean. A mild soap washing and water rinsing cleans them up for next use.
- The waxed cotton food wrap is very easy to use, as it forms a ready posture to clasp around a container to seal it up.
- It should not be cleaned in dishwashers or exposed to direct heat and ovens.
- Beeswax wraps should be used to store cold foods; not hot ones.
- It is better used with glass containers.
- It lasts longer when shielded from raw meat, or any direct contact with dairy products.
Although the beeswax food wrap is relativity new to the scene we think they are here to stay.
Why? Because, we think you’ll agree it’s a great alternative to its plastic predecessor. So instead of using plastic cling wrap or zip lock bags, why not give waxed cotton food wraps a try? Add to cart, now.
At Crimson, the economic betterment and Climate Positive values are what we seek
to bring out of materials; the same is what we offer with our all products.
Why are Crimson Food Wraps the best?
- USA Made
- Climate Positive